José Manuel Baquerizo Briones
José Manuel Baquerizo formed partnership with Fernando Cruz and Carlos Petrement since 1975. Together they founded the firm Baquerizo-Cruz-Petrement Architects dedicated to all kind of architectural works and specialised in Architecture for Health. In partnership as JV with the architectural practice Alas, Casariego y Carvajal, Casariego. JoséManuel Baquerizo also join ventured with Jerónimo Junquera´s office, Vicente-Nuñez in Salamanca and Adela Bande, Marta Rodriguez y Juan José Bande in Galicia as well as with young architects, Irene Junco Madero and Jaime Neila. All this Join Ventures have been set to carry out competitions and projects for health related architecture.
Among his latest work stands out the New Pontevedra’s Hospital with 626 beds; the New Regional Hospital in Cadiz with 886 beds; the New Cuenca’s Hospital with 508 beds; the Don Benito – Villanueva de la Serena Hospital in Badajoz with 369 beds; the “Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe” Hospital in La Gomera; Villarrobledo’s General Hospital in Albacete; Stage 1 and 2 of the Master Plan for the University Hospital “Marqués de Valdecilla” in Santander with more than 900 beds; the University Hospital “Reina Sofía” in Murcia with 349 beds; The “San Pedro” Hospital in Logroño (La Rioja) with 645 beds. All this projects were awarded with the first price in public competitions by different administrations.
Presently developing, among others, the Stage 2 of the extension and refurbishment of the General Hospital in Fuerteventura; the Porto Cristo Health Centre in Manacor, Palma de Mallorca; The technical assessment for the conception of the model project for the Don Benito – Villanueva Hospital, as well as working together with OHL on a competition for the stage 3 of the Master Plan for the University Hospital “Marqués de Valdecilla” in Santander.
- Born in Madrid, 1948.
- Architect graduated from the Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid ETSAM 1975.
- Works on the Urbanism Studies and Assessment Cabinet of the Planning and Coordination Commission for the Metropolitan Area of Madrid (COPLACO), 1976.
José M. Baquerizo, has been involved in numerous lectures and seminars. His work has been published in the main specialised in Architecture for Health magazines.
- Professor in Hospital’s Architecture at the Granada Public Health Andalusian School. Architecture for Health speciality, 1987.
- Teaches Hospital’s Architecture in: Santa Cruz de Tenerife 1986. Las Palmas de Gran Canaria 1986 and La Laguna University, Tenerife 1992.
- Professor at the “XIst Continuous Training Plan 2004, 8 Residential Projects VPO-VPP (subsidized housing) (Management and Regulations)” COAM Foundation. September/04.
- Professor at the “XIInd Continuous Training Plan 2005, the Architect as a designer and construction administrator in subsidized housing VPP” COAM Foundation. October/05
- Professor at the “XIIIrd Continuous Training Plan 2006, the Architect as a designer and construction administrator in subsidized housing VPP” COAM Foundation. June/06
- COMMITTEE EUROPEAN EDUCATION IN ANESTHESIOLOGY. 5th Course Continuous Training in anaesthesiology and resuscitation. “Historical evolution of the architecture up to the Modern Hospital”. 27th, 28th and 29th of October 2011.